Guest User Experience
Guests can now start a new loop with a hotel directly from the hotel’s Facebook page or from Facebook Messenger app. When messaging is enabled for a Business Facebook page, there is a “Message” button, clicking on it launches FB Messenger app:
In the Messenger app the Loop bot prompts the guest a series of questions to record the information necessary to start their loop. We already know their location and Messenger API provides us with the first and last name, locale, timezone, gender and profile picture. So the bot prompts the guest for their reservation information, such as the checkin and checkout dates and the room number, and any other custom fields required.
Note about correct custom field configuration for the accounts using Facebook Messenger integration - the custom fields must be of text and number type and setup to be attached to the loop (and not the user).
There are no AI capabilities currently and the responses that the guest provides as-is are added to the their loop details.
The reservation information is filled using an inline webview (embedded in the Messenger chat bubble):
Once the guest provides responses to all of the questions a new loop will be created and their initial message is passed directly as the first comment on the loop. Any updates from the hotel staff will now appear in the Messenger conversation automatically. That way the guest can continue to use Facebook Messenger to chat with the hotel staff and hotel staff can respond using Loop Employee Inbox.
To start a loop with hotel directly from the Facebook Messenger application, the guest can enter the @username for the hotel’s Facebook page, e.g. @grandhotel then type their inquiry, following which the Loop bot will lead them through the exact same process.
Please note that the guest is required to have an active Facebook account to be able to start a loop from Facebook Messenger or the Hotel Facebook page, this is a requirement imposed by Facebook.
Staff User Experience
New loops are created automatically from Facebook Messenger guest inquiries and appear in Employee Inbox. Hotel staff can see all of the information that the guest has provided to the chat bot in Facebook Messenger and their initial comment. Hotel staff can respond to the guests directly from Loop Employee Inbox. Their responses will be automatically added to the Facebook Messenger conversation thread on the guest’s device.
Integration Setup for Hotel Customers
The integration setup process is described in detail below. There are several configuration steps that Benbria OPS needs to perform and some setup steps the customer needs to do on their end and.
Important Notes: Integration is only supported for Loop Messenger accounts. Guest Record tracking must be enabled for the account. Only text and number type of custom fields, attached to loop (and not user) are allowed. All custom fields are treated as required.
Check the rest of the account Bootstrap configuration at this time to ensure it complies with the requirements above. You cannot proceed with the Facebook Integration setup unless the account configuration is in order.
The setup process consists of three stages:
- Setting up a new Facebook App for hotel’s Facebook page and generating a token.
- Creating a new integration object in Loop Bootstrap specifying the token from step 1. This will create a Webhook Endpoint link.
- Configuring a new Webhook on Facebook (using the Endpoint link from step 2) and subscribing it to the hotel’s Facebook page.
These steps must be carried out in order. The steps 1 and 3 are performed by the customer and the step 2 is done by Benbria OPS. Alternatively, the customer can provide Benbria OPS access to managing the Facebook Apps associated with their Facebook page via Facebook Business Center. If the customer wishes for Benbria OPS to perform steps 1 and 3 on their behalf, they need to grant Benbria OPS access to administrating their page integrations via Facebook Business Center.
Facebook Business Center
Facebook Business Center is accessible at following address:
To create a business on Facebook Business Centre, you need to sign in with an existing personal Facebook account. A business can have multiple members (admins and employees) and the personal account is only necessary for initial enrollment, the administration can then be delegated to another user. You can create a business in two simple steps, by entering the business name and the owner’s real name and email.
In the Business Center homepage you have a list of the pages accessible by your business. In the list, you can click on a page to manage it. You will see the same user interface for managing your page that you see on facebook.com the only difference is the header.
In order to manage your business, i.e. to add a page, an app and add new members, click on the “Hamburger” icon on the top-left and click on Business Manager Settings from the menu. In the settings, you can go to Pages (“Flag” icon) and add a page to your business using the Add New Pages button at the top-right.
If your organization has a public page that you wish to make available for administrations through Business Center, you can use Claim a Page option. If you want the newly created Facebook business to gain access to a Facebook page that is controlled by a third party such as a hotel customer, use Request Access to a Page option. You will be prompted to enter the name or the URL of this page and once you submit it, the owner of the page will receive a request. Should they accept it, your business will receive access to this page.
Pages are likely to be owned by customers, but you are going to own the apps that subscribe to a page’s messages and keep the webhook configurations that let users talk to Loop by sending messages to the page. Granting your business account access to an app is identical to claiming a page.
Stage 1: App and Token (Customer Instructions)
If the customer granted Benbria OPS access to managing their Facebook Page via Business centre, Benbria OPS can carry out the instructions from this section on their behalf. Otherwise, please instruct the customer to:
- Sign into Facebook Developers center using the Facebook credentials tied to your hotel’s public Facebook page.
- Navigate to My Apps and add a new app for their hotel’s Facebook page. The page opens a form with three fields: “Display Name”, “Contact Email” and “Category”. The selected category does not limit the capabilities of the app, it governs what is displayed on the app description page. More about Facebook apps can be found here.
- Once on the App Dashboard page, navigate to Products > Messenger.
- Under “Token Generation”, select your hotel’s Facebook page and generate a token for it. The screenshot below illustrates generating a token for a test “Loop Hotel” page:
- Provide the token to Benbria OPS team.
Stage 2: Loop Admin Setup
After receiving the token from the customer, Benbria OPS is required to:
- Navigate to Bootstrap > Advanced Settings > External Loop Integration page (OPS permission is required).
- Create a new integration, paste the token from Facebook and choose the location. Once you save the page several fields, such as the Webhook Endpoint URL and the Verification Token, will be automatically generated and displayed on the page.
Send the value from Webhook Endpoint field to the customer.\
Stage 3: Create a Webhook and Subscribe
If the customer has shared with Benbria OPS access to managing their Facebook Page via Business center, Benbria OPS can perform the final steps. Otherwise, the customer is required to complete the setup:
- Back on the Facebook Dev page, navigate to the “Messenger” product, and the “Webhooks” section of the page.
- Click “Setup Webhook”.
- Enter your Webhook Endpoint URL provided by Benbria OPS.
- Select all of the events as shown on the screenshot below and save:
- Subscribe to the fields ‘messages’, and ‘messaging_postbacks’.
- Finally, you need to subscribe the newly created Webhook in the Loop Facebook App to the hotel customer’s Facebook page. Navigate back to the “Messenger” from the main menu, find “Webhooks”, choose the hotel’s page and click on “Subscribe”.
This concludes Facebook Messenger Integration setup for your hotel:
Facebook Messenger Integration setup is now complete for this specific hotel location.
If a guest messages the hotel from Facebook Messenger or from their public Facebook page, they will be guided through the workflow described in the “Guest User Experience” section of this document and their loop will be automatically created from there.