This update allows to provide loop information using URL parameters for demo purposes on Loop Messenger accounts. When guest and stay information is provided via URL parameters the relevant fields are populated automatically.
Supported URL query parameters are:
- ui - Controls which user interface features are available from the guest Timeline. Options are:
defaultuses the current system configuration for the select channel
messengeronly the Messenger (chat) feature is available.
ondemandonly the OnDemand (request) feature is available. This option requires an OnDemand menu be configured for the location, otherwise, it will show a misconfiguration error "This location's Loop OnDemand menu is not configured."
- demoreset - two possible values:
no(default/omitted). Functions as a demo integration where Loop will not persist the user session in browser cookies and instead create a new user every time. We will set up a new Conversation with all the data provided in the URL, but the Conversation will not be created until the user comments or submits a request.
- fname, lname, name - Guest's name can be provided either as a name, or split between fname and lname.
- email - Guest's email address. Must be valid email, otherwise will fail to create the loop.
- sms - Guest's SMS number. Should be e.164 format, without leading "+" (e.g. 16135551234). Must be a valid phone number, otherwise fails to create the loop.
- Dates must be valid, or will fail to create the Conversation. Departure date must be in the future, or it will be ignored.
- room - Guest's room number.
- vip - A VIP Status cost, string, number or omit as required.
- guestId - Guest ID from third party system.
- <shortcode> - Any custom field short code can be used as a query parameter.
- where “1000” is the location short code,
- card is a custom field shortcode
User ID Alternate
You can also create a loop for a specific user, given their user ID, via:
Ref. Loop Guest Web Embed article for additional context.