Creating a Dropdown Menu with Static Options
When a Location Custom Field is configured as a type of List, this allows for Locations to have a Survey where a question has a restricted set of possible String values defined by the List.
One example use case is picking a name from a list of employees working at a Location whom are not Loop users.
To set this up:
- Go to either Inbox > Settings or Admin 1.0 > Facets > Custom Fields and create a new Custom Field where the Owner is Location and the type is List.
- Go to Admin 1.0 > Facets > Locations page and define the possible values.
- If you want to use an existing Category with a String type as a dropdown, you can skip this step otherwise to configure a new one, go to Account Administration > Content > Categories and create a Category with a type of String.
- Go toAdmin 1.0 > Content > Surveys and select the Survey you wish to modify.
- Now the Survey will render a dropdown menu where the options are restricted to the values configured in Step 2.